Saturday, January 14, 2012

Why did God bless Ishmael?


  • Historically, Isaac is blessed with spiritual blessings, which is eternal and everlasting life. Ishmael is blessed with wordly riches but denied eternal life. Abraham interceded for Ishmael. Remember Prayer of Righteous (born again believer) avails much.
Gen 17:18-20 "And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee! 19And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.20And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation."



  • Spiritually, Isaac represents God's Elect who are granted "Grace" by promise where as Ishamel all non-elect who are trying to work their way to heaven by Law (Works Gospel). As most of Christain commiunity believes, Ishamel does not represent Muslims but represent all non-elect (even from Christians). God's Elect are from Christians, Muslims, Hindus....
Gal 4:22-26 "For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all."

Rev 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

Rev 7:9-10 "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb."



  • Cain, Ishmael, Esau all represent the non-elect. Abel, Isaac, Jacob represent the elect of God. Left to ourselves, we all by nature of Adam, will chose the broadway to destruction. We might seek God, but on our own terms not on terms of the Bible, with all our heart, all our soul, all our mind. So God, has to intervene and elect some to Salvation and draw them and grant them Salvation by Grace and put them on the narrow way to eternal life. It is all His Work and none of ours, so we have no right to say God is partial. He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy, and He will have compassion on whom He will have compassion.
Rom 9:6-16 "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 9For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son. 10And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. 14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."

No comments:

Post a Comment